We are following recommendations from the Louisiana Department of Health and the CDC.
Technology and Learning Center Phase2 mitigation plans:
- Only students and staff are allowed to enter the center
- Student/staff temperature checks prior to entry
- No entry quarantine for those who have fever or direct contact with infected
- Staff will wear masks
- Students will wear masks based on mandate for schools, as much as possible (always when not seated)
- Reduced enrollment to provide social distanced space
- Desks have been rearranged at a social distance
- Seats will be assigned (siblings may sit together), and students will have their same desk and computer workstation while enrolled in the program
- Snack breaks at desk
- Supplies will be assigned per student (no sharing)
- Students must bring their own headphones
- Daily disinfection protocol
- Access to masks, sanitizer, and disinfectant spray as needed
- Air purification has been installed as an added layer of protection
We have also purchased door and window screens so that we may allow for open air flow periodically throughout sessions (duration based on heat index for max student comfort)
Supervised Virtual School- open Monday through Friday, 7:00AM-12:00PM
(We may adjust time by an hour according to student need or school schedule)
- Our daytime program will be a supervised program keeping students on task as they work independently to complete online assignments. Each student will have their own desk, computer workstation with high speed internet, and access to printing and supplies. Progress will be communicated with parent/guardian. STEM activities are available if students complete their schoolwork early.
Homework Study – open Monday through Thursday, 2:00PM-6:00PM.
- Our successful afternoon program includes tutoring in all core subjects, as well as assistance with completing homework and test study. Student’s grades are monitored by our teachers so that missed assignment are completed in a timely manner. Progress will be communicated with parent/guardian.
In the event of pandemic or other emergency resulting in school/business closures, we will charge a per day rate of $60 per days attended (not to exceed monthly rate)
As always, we will follow the school year calendar for holidays/closures.